– Tight clothing can leave lines or indentations on your skin. Also you may want to wear a button up shirt or robe while getting your hair/makeup done so you don’t have to pull a shirt over afterwards.
2. Drink plenty of water and make sure to have a light breakfast to help you feel more comfortable during your shoot
3. Skin care
– If you decide to get a spray tan, go light. You will also want to go a couple days before your shoot to make sure it’s set in well & won’t rub off. The ladies at Bronze515 are fantastic at helping my clients get the perfect look for their photos!
– Please note that spray tans are not necessary. If you’re more comfortable with a spray tan & it’s part of your normal routine, then go for it. If it’s not something you normally do, it’s also wonderful to embrace your skin’s natural coloring!
– Lotion is good! Keeping your skin moisturized will help your skin look lovely
– Beware of tan lines – sunscreen is your friend.
4. Don’t forget about your nails
– Make sure they’re trimmed evenly and painted. A nice neutral color that goes with everything is often idea (especially if there is a lot of color in your outfits). You can also play up your nails with a fun color that compliments if your outfits are all neutral or in the same color family.
5. Make sure to touch up eyebrows
– If you’re waxing make sure to do so a few days before your shoot so your skin has time to heal and lose redness. If shaving, do a close shave the day of your session. You know your hair and body best, so just prepare the same way you would for a big date or the first day at the beach.
-Come with your face completely clean of makeup. We have all of the makeup & false eyelashes ready at the studio!
– Take some time to stretch or do some yoga to prepare. We do a lot of back arching!
9. The most important: Come to your session ready to have fun! – Do this for yourself. Regardless of who you are doing this boudoir shoot for, deep down it is really for YOU. The products you purchase might be going to someone else, but the experience itself is all yours!